Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (#6)


It's Tuesday, already?


 With Halloween just around the corner, I decided this month I would devote to Stephen King. My husband owns all of his books, and I have read a couple of his before. I KNEW I would be reading Doctor Sleep, but my husband has been insisting for over a year now that I read The Long Road. Well, last night I picked it up finally. Why did it take me so long to do so? Stephen King, you are a mastermind, a scary genius who has a way with words.


Teaser Tuesday is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading, in which we post a little *non-spoiler* teaser of the book we are currently reading.




"Garraty wondered how it would be, to lie in the biggest, dustiest library silence of all, dreaming endless, thoughtless dreams behind your gummed-down eyelids, dressed forever in your Sunday suit. No worries about money, success, fear, joy, pain, sorrow, sex, or love. Absolute zero. No father, mother, girlfriend, lover. The dead are orphans. No company but the silence like a moth's wing. An end to the agony of movement, to the long nightmare of going down the road. The body in peace, stillness, and order. The perfect darkness of death.
How would that be? Just how would that be?"
 

I went upstairs to read at 8:30 last night. (What, my baby was asleep before 9?!?!) I put the book down at 10:30, and still couldn't sleep because I wanted to finish the book. Damn! Please, do not tell my husband he was 'right' about something. I will never head the end of it.
--Jenni

3 comments:

  1. Good choice. Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.


    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has almost all of Stephen King's books too, and I've only read a few of them. Most are too scary for me! But I really enjoyed your Teaser. Maybe I'll give The Long Walk a try.
    My Teaser is from AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Stephen King. I've read a few of his books and plan on going back to The Shining so I can read Dr. Sleep. This one I haven't heard of so will do some research. Thanks. Karen

    If you have a chance stop by to see my teaser from The Ocean at the End of the Lane @ http://bookconnection.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete